Dometic Dust Reduction System
The Dometic dust reductor is a non powered pressuriser fitted to the roof of the caravan, that works when the caravan is in motion. There are no motors or electrical parts so there’s no need for power.
The Dometic DRS allows the clean air to flow into the caravan and the airflow pushes out the airborne dust, reducing additional dust from entering. Most dust particles are filtered out of the incoming air meaning less dust remains in the caravan. When you arrive at your campsite, you can start enjoying yourself right away rather than worrying about the dust that has landed in your caravan.
- Significantly reduces the amount of dust, harmful airborne particles and pollens entering the caravan
- Non-powered operation requires no opening or closing of vents
- Low profile rooftop unit is extremely lightweight at approximately 5 kg
- Filters out dust particles with a PM10 filter
- Dust filters can be easily replaced from inside the caravan
- Reduces cleaning time after caravan trip
Carafan Dust Reduction System
Designed and tested for Australian conditions, the Carafan Sahara 12V system creates a positive pressure inside your caravan while driving to keep dust out.
When switched on, the Carafan DRS engages a dynamic fan that blows dust free filtered air into your caravan. Utilising your 12V system, Carafan works while you are stationary or on the road.
- Keep dust out without blocking ventilation points
- Enjoy less maintenance and cleaning
- Reduce allergies brought on by dust
- Safeguard your electronics by keeping dust out
- Protect your equipment and caravan
- Peace of mind that your protected from dust
- Suitable for caravans up to 27ft
Dust reduction systems - do you really need one?
If you often travel to remote or off-road locations with dusty conditions, a dust reduction system can help keep the interior of your caravan cleaner and more comfortable.
Reducing dust ingress can also help minimise wear and tear on your caravan's interior, potentially reducing maintenance costs and the need for frequent cleaning. A dust reduction system can also reduce the occurrence of allergies and respiratory issues caused by dust.
Dust entering the caravan is not unique to cheaper manufacturers either, as dust can appear through sink drains, vents, wheel arches and seals of even Australia’s top caravans brands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, both the Dometic and Carafan dust reduction systems can be retrofitted to your caravan dependent on roof space. Chat to our friendly team, who can advise you based on your set up.
While both essentially do the same job, they both operate in different manners. The Dometic system is a non powered option that works while the caravan is in motion - the faster you’re travelling, the more effective it will be. While the Carafan system operates via 12V power - while the caravan is in motion or stationary - meaning you’ll need to have the power system to cope with operation. The Dometic system is more affordable due to no electrical work required. If you’re unsure, chat to our team who can help choose the best option for your travelling style.