Benefits of caravan inverters
While inverters offer numerous benefits, it’s essential to consider your power needs and the capacity of your caravan’s battery system. Larger appliances or devices with high power requirements may drain the batteries quickly so it is important to manage your power usage to make sure you don’t run empty!.
- Powering AC appliances such as coffee machines, air conditioners, washing machine, microwave and more.
- You’re not limited to 12V appliances designed specifically for caravans. Take along your devices straight from home, saving you money!
- If you get stuck in an emergency situation without power, you have everything you need to keep essential devices functioning.
- Work on the go with the ability to charge your laptop computer, camera and drone.
- Some inverters come with inbuilt battery chargers.
Is it worth getting an inverter on a caravan?
When working out if it’s worth getting an inverter for your caravan there’s many things to consider. If you’re travelling with essential appliances, plan to work from the road, or if you’re planning extended trips or a big lap, an inverter may be valuable..
Many caravanners find that the added flexibility, convenience, and comfort they provide make having a caravan inverter worthwhile. If you plan to use your caravan frequently, use 240V devices, and have the battery power and solar system to support the power requirements, an inverter can be a valuable addition to your setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Electronics and appliances that operate on 240V power include your air conditioner, microwave, washing machine, laptop, drone, air fryer, toaster and kettle. These will require an inverter to operate off mains power.
The size of the caravan inverter you need depends on how power hungry your appliances are and how often you’ll be using them, as well as the size of your battery bank to power the inverter. For most people, we recommend either a 2600W or 3000W inverter, while also considering the battery size and solar system needed. Chat to our friendly service team who will be able to advise packages that will suit.
An inverter puts a great deal of stress on a caravan battery, so the whole system needs to be designed to cope with the increased load. This also extends to wiring and other components. Chat to our team about tailoring an off grid package suited to your needs.